CHICAGO EDGE SKATING ACADEMY COVID-19 POLICIES
The Chicago Edge Skating Academy is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment to all of our members. Of primary importance this year is our effort to mitigate the potential for the transmission of COVID-19 within our Academy and the community. Not only will this effort require full cooperation from our members, but it will also require flexibility as the circumstances surrounding this virus are constantly changing.
Ultimately, despite our best efforts, we cannot completely eliminate the risk that COVID-19 presents. If you have an underlying health condition or a specific health concern about participating in Learn to Skate classes, you should work with your health care provider to determine the best decision for your family.
**Policy Update Effective 11/12/20:**
Due to new Covid-19 restrictions, the following policies will be put in place effective 11/12:
1. Masks are mandatory on and off the ice, entering and exiting the building.
2. Please arrive to Darien Sportsplex 15 min prior to class starting.
3. Skates must be put on prior to entering the building. If you are renting skates you may put them on inside. Parents must exit the building after purchasing/tying skates.
4. You will need to check in at the Chicago Edge table at the front door. Temperatures will be taken.
5. No parents will be allowed past the front desk. We will ask each parent to drop off their child and leave us with a phone number to contact them if necessary.
6. Skaters will be grouped by level and socially distanced in the lobby with their coaches before stepping on the ice.
7. Coaches will assist skaters in transitioning from on-ice classes to off-ice.
8. Your child will be released after classes are completed. Please wait outside the front door of the building. Children will be escorted out by their coaches.
9. You may watch your child skate using LiveBarn. Use promo code: 3078-3326 for a 10% discount.
Darien Sportsplex Policies:
EVERYONE inside the Darien Sportsplex that is not ACTIVELY ON THE ICE must wear a mask. This means that if you are a skater entering/exiting the building, you must be wearing a mask.
Skaters are strongly encouraged to come dressed in their equipment as much as possible before arriving at the Sportsplex to limit the amount of time spent inside with others.
Skaters should arrive no sooner than 15 minutes before their scheduled lessons and are encouraged to leave the premises within 15 minutes after their scheduled lessons are complete.
No gatherings are allowed in the lobby before, during, or after scheduled events.
Do not share towels, water bottles, or other personal items.
Regularly wash hands and use hand sanitizer before and after classes.
One spectator per skater is allowed in the facility, wearing a face covering, while that skater is participating in their activity. Due to limited seating in the arena, spectators will be asked to watch from the lobby.
In the event that you, your skater, or someone you live with tests positive for COVID-19, you must notify the Academy by emailing email@example.com. This email will be confidentially monitored by the Academy Directors only.
If a skater or coach tests positive for COVID-19, that individual must quarantine themselves away from all Chicago Edge Skating Academy-related events in compliance with the guidelines set forth by the CDC (CDC Guidelines). Said skater or coach may return when they have received a negative test and a letter of release from a physician indicating they are cleared to return to sports and recreation.
If a family member of a skater or coach who resides in the same home as the skater or coach tests positive for COVID-19, that skater or coach must be quarantined until the incubation period has passed and they can provide a negative test after the incubation period.
If a skater or coach tests positive, all Academy skaters will be notified. All Academy skaters then must follow the advice of their respective health care professionals to determine exposure risk and any quarantine requirements. If you were unmasked and within 6 feet of the infected person for more than 15 minutes, you must quarantine and be tested for COVID-19 before returning.
No make-up classes or refunds will be given during this time under any circumstances.
In the event that we are shut down and moved back to Phases 1-3, payments will be held and enrolled skaters will be credited towards the next available session.
Failure to follow these guidelines will result in the inability to participate in Chicago Edge Skating Academy activities and no refunds will be given.